FAQs about the Scandic Restel deal
Scandic has acquired Restel’s hotel business, and as part of the deal, the Cumulus hotel chain will be transferred to the Scandic brand during this spring. Below you can take a look at Frequently Asked Questions relating to the acquisition.
We have compiled these FAQs below so that you can get a response to your question as quickly as possible.
What will change for customers?
We’re expanding our offering with new destinations and services, thus our customers will be able to choose from even more extensive selection of destinations and services than before.
- Scandic breakfast is always included in the price and the Allergy friendly breakfast concept will gradually be expanded to all new hotels.
- The hotel rooms will be stocked with FACE bathroom products and unlimited WiFi will be available throughout the hotels.
- The products in the hotel lobby shops will be updated
- The Scandic Friends frequent guest programme will be introduced in the hotels.
- Children under 13 years of age stay free of charge when accompanied by an adult and will receive a welcome gift when checking into the hotel. In addition, the restaurants have either a children’s menu or children can order dishes from the normal menu at half price.
- According to Scandic’s accessibility standard, accessibility is a priority in both our newly built and refurbished hotels. All Scandic hotels have a hearing loop, a walking cane holder, a vibrating alarm clock and a wheelchair.
Can I get Scandic Friends points for a booking that has already been made in a Cumulus hotel, when the stay is for a future date?
Yes, provided that it is a point-qualifying night at a Scandic hotel.
How long can I use my Hotel Bonus Club card?
Read more about the withdrawal of the HBC programme here.
I’m a Hotel Bonus Club member and I would like to join the Scandic Friends programme. What should I do?
We have sent a personal letter to all Hotel Bonus Club members. Read more about the topic here.
The Scandic hotel booking channels remain the same. The Cumulus hotel booking channels remain the same until the rebranding, after which they will move to Scandic’s booking channels.
How do I make hotel bookings in the future? Who do I contact if I wish to change my booking?
Hotel bookings are made via the websites or call centre. Bookings remain valid in the same way as before, including group and meeting bookings.
Do the booking terms remain the same?
In terms of existing bookings, we will comply with confirmed booking terms and conditions. With time, we will unify processes and communicate them separately.
I have a Scandic partner voucher or reward night and I would like to book a Cumulus hotel. Is it possible?
It will be possible after the rebranding of the hotel. The Scandic partner voucher entitles holders to a stay only in a Scandic hotel.