IRONMAN Hamburg 2020
On Sunday 21 June 2020, Hamburg will once again be host to one of the world’s largest sporting events: IRONMAN 2020 will see thousands of top athletes converge on this Hanseatic city and you have the chance to experience the race in person.
IRONMAN Hamburg 2020
One of the toughest sports competitions returns to Hamburg on 21 June 2020. At IRONMAN 2020, thousands of athletes will be competing in a top-class triathlon across Hamburg after intensive training.
Along the IRONMAN Hamburg route, visitors will be able to experience the spectacle surrounding IRONMAN Hamburg and follow this exciting race. There will be a lot going on, especially in the transition zones and at the event centre at the Hamburger Rathausmarkt. Being the centre of the event, the Hamburger Rathausmarkt will be home to the finish line and the IRONMAN-Expo. There will also be plenty to see at the nearby transition zones at Ballindamm and Athletes Garden at St. Petri Church.
IRONMAN Hamburg course route
The IRONMAN starts directly from the Alster, at the jetty of the Jungfernstieg. The athletes swim a total of 3.8 km in two swimming loops, passing through both the inner Alster (Binnenalster) and outer Alster (Außenalster) lakes. The race then continues by bike having passed through the transition zone at Ballindamm. The bike course consists of two circuits with a total distance of 90 km. From the city centre, the athletes will cycle through Hamburg’s Großmarkt and the harbour to the Vierlande and Marschlande districts. The course features highlights such as the Hohendeicher See and the Zollenspieker Fährhaus. The last stage of the IRONMAN triathlon is the 42.2 km run around the inner Alster and outer Alster lakes and Hamburg city centre.
You can find the exact course at:
Official Race Hotel – Scandic Hamburg Emporio
Scandic Hamburg Emporio is only one hundredth of a marathon away from the start and finish of the Hamburg IRONMAN. From here, it’s only about 10 minutes from all the important start, transition and finish zones.
How to book
Simply enter the desired arrival date and the number of people in the 'Scandic Hamburg Emporio' booking window above. As soon as you click on 'See rooms and prices', you will access the booking process!
Benefits when staying at this hotel:
- Breakfast – On Sunday 21 June 2020, we’ll be serving our Scandic breakfast buffet as early as 04:00 a.m.
- Pastabuffet - Load your carbs! On the evening before the race you can put together your pasta dish as you wish from 6 pm. Whether with or without sauce, vegetarian, vegan or with meat - this way you start the race full of energy.
- Fitness room and sauna – After the race, you can recover in our women’s and mixed saunas.
- Room for your bike – You can take your bicycle to your room. There’s plenty of space and it will be stored safely.
- Parking – The underground car park with direct access to our hotel has 76 parking spaces (please note that we cannot reserve parking spaces).
- Everything is nearby – Specialist bicycle shops, relaxing massage studios, the best running tracks and indoor swimming pools: you’ll find everything near our hotel and our competent reception team is always happy to help.
The logo is a registered trademark of the World Triathlon Corporation. Authorised use.