Steel cut oats with fried apple and maple syrup
Indulge yourself with this creamy porridge with a little extra chewiness, topped with golden, cinnamon-scented, crispy apple slices.
Ingredients (4 portions)
- 700 g steel cut oats
- 600 ml water
- 600 ml milk
- Salt to taste
- 60 g butter
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 3 apples, quartered and cored
- Maple syrup
Prepare as follows:
- Bring the steel cut oats, water, milk and salt to a boil.
- Simmer while stirring for about 6-8 mins.
- Quarter the apples and fry them in butter, sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Serve the porridge with milk and top with slices of apple and maple syrup.
There are endless variations of porridge, with different grains, new combinations and delicious toppings.