EuroEyes Cyclassics Hamburg
The EuroEyes Cyclassics will be held in Hamburg on 16 August 2020. Germany’s only professional cycle race is not only of interest to racing cyclists. Be there when top professional sportsmen and women head to the start and ride on parts of the Tour de France route yourself.
EuroEyes Cyclassics Hamburg
There’ll be exceptional circumstances in Hamburg on 16 August 2020. Traffic lights are switched off, streets are closed and the routes are open for cyclists. Almost any bicycle is allowed, as long as it’s safe. You can even start on a tandem. Achieve your personal best time while enjoying the magnificent panorama of Hamburg and its surroundings.
The cycle race has been held in Hamburg since 1996 and this year it’s taking place for the 25th time. With its 3 different routes there’s something for every athlete. Whether it’s 60, 100 or 160 km: you choose which route you want to take. The pros are also riding on these routes, but they will be riding around 250 km in total. The finishing line is traditionally located on Moenckebergstrasse. The Hamburg EuroEyes Cyclassics is therefore the only world cup race to end in the centre of a major city.
You can also enjoy the programme of supporting events. From 14–16 August around 80 exhibitors will present their latest bike-related products at the Jungfernstieg and Rathausmarkt. In addition to live broadcasts of the races and celebrity chats, you can also recharge at numerous food stands.
If you want to be as well prepared as possible, or still have no experience with cycle racing, then the Rookie Programme has been especially designed for you. You can take a 12-week training course to become a racing cyclist and address everything important like stamina, energy and coordination. At the EuroEyes Cyclassics you start in a starting block alongside other participants from this programme.
You can find more information about the track layout and how to register at: www.cyclassics-hamburg.de
OFFICIAL RACE HOTEL – Scandic Hamburg Emporio
The official partner hotel Scandic Hamburg Emporio is located just a few hundred metres from the start of the EuroEyes Cyclassics. Our experienced team is available at any time so you can concentrate as much as possible on the races.
How to book
Simply enter the desired arrival date and the number of people in the ‘Scandic Hamburg Emporio’ booking window above. As soon as you click on ‘See rooms and prices’, you will access the booking process!
You’ll benefit from the following advantages with us:
- Breakfast buffet – Breakfast will already be available for you from 04:00 on Sunday 16 August 2020.
- Pasta buffet – load up on carbs. Recharge at our pasta buffet from 18:00 the evening before the race. Whether you prefer vegetarian, vegan, with meat or without sauce, you’ll get the energy required for the next day right here.
- Shop – You can buy small snacks, coffee and gifts from our Scandic Shop in the lobby at any time of day or night.
- WiFi – Unlimited internet access at no cost throughout our hotel.
- PressReader – Free access to more than 5,000 magazines and newspapers.
- Online check out – Save time and check out online.
- Gym and Sauna – You can recover after the race in our women’s and mixed saunas.
- Space for bicycles – you can take your bike up to your room with you. There is sufficient space here and your bike will be stored securely.
- Car Parking – The underground car park has direct access to our hotel and 76 parking spaces (please note that we cannot reserve parking spaces).
- Everything is nearby – Specialist bicycle shops, relaxing massage studios, the best running tracks and indoor swimming pools: you’ll find everything in the immediate surroundings of our hotel, and our experienced reception team is always happy to help.