hotels in Umea
Umea is located in northern Sweden, and is the biggest city in the Norrland region. The city has a lot to offer anyone with an interest in culture, including Bildmuseet - a leading museum for contemporary art in Sweden. We have 2 hotels in Umea - Scandic Plaza located in central Umea, and Scandic Umeå Syd on the outskirts of the city and only 1.5 km from Umea Airport.
Our hotels in Umea
Want to stay in the city centre right next door to the pedestrian shopping street? Then you should book a room at Scandic Plaza Umeå. Enjoy our relaxation suite with river views after a long day in the city.
Arriving by car or bus? Then you should choose Scandic Umeå Syd which has plenty of free parking. Our hotel is just a short walk from Umea city centre. If you like to swim, why not take a dip in our hotel pool?
- Known as ‘the City of Birches’ because birch trees have been planted around the city since the 1800s.
- Umea is a university town. Umea University opened in 1965 and became Sweden’s fifth university. Thanks to the university, the population has increased and the average age is lower than in many other places in the country.
- In 2014, Umea was named the cultural capital of Europe. Everything from opera and dance to Sami art, and all music genres can be found here. The city has produced artists such as Refused, Tove Styrke and Cleo.
Events in Umea:
- Norrland's Opera
- Brannbollsyran music festival
- Out of Step (alternative club)
- Umea Jazz Festival
- Umea open (festival)
- Vavenscenen (concert and club)