Eggs in a new way
Eggs are a classic in the kitchen. One of Aicha’s recipes is called 'Gjenganger' in her food blog Aichasmat.no, Aicha’s food, shared with readers of Frokosten.no.
Copyright photo and recipe: Food blogger Aicha Bouhlou: aichasmat.no
"I often choose eggs in combination with tomatoes, onions and other vegetables when I have to make something quick, easy and tasty. This recipe is great for leftovers when people are left with a lot of vegetables and don’t know what to use them for."
This never happens at Aicha’s place. At her place, the leftovers are calculated.
"We often plan to have some extra leftovers. It’s like a gift to us!"
Try her 'Gjenganger' recipe here:
- 1 small red pepper
- 1 small yellow or green pepper, sliced
- ½ red chilli, chopped
- 400 g cherry tomatoes in different colours
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 avocado
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
1. Remove the seeds, slice the peppers and chop the chillies.
2. Chop the tomatoes, or if you wish, you can leave the tomatoes whole.
3. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Add the onion and fry for a few minutes.
4. Add the peppers, garlic and chilli and fry them together with onion, stirring for 3 minutes.
5. Add cumin and tomatoes and fry a little longer. Add parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
6. Break the eggs and let them stand without stirring until they are completely cooked.
7. Serve with a slice of avocado and wholesome bread.