Turkish pie with spinach, parsley and feta cheese
Bake crunchy, crispy Turkish pie for the weekend.
Indulge in an extra sumptuous breakfast over the weekend and make your own Turkish pie. This recipe contains spinach, parsley and feta cheese and gives you a delicious, crispy pie that’s juicy and soft inside.
Freshly baked Turkish pies are a pleasant surprise on the breakfast table.
Photo: Christian Løken, Balder Film
- 1 packet of filo pastry
- 2 eggs
- 1 dl oil
- 1 dl milk
- 1 tablespoon natural yoghurt
- 200 g feta cheese
- 1 bunch of parsley leaves, feel free to add some spinach
- Salt and pepper
- Sesame seeds
- Clean kitchen towel
1. Set the oven at 180°C.
2. Whisk eggs, oil, milk and yoghurt, add a pinch of salt and pepper.
3. Mix the feta cheese with the finely chopped parsley and spinach.
4. Place the filo pastry under a humid cloth.
5. Use a brush to brush the egg mixture on one entire side of the pastry. Place the filling slightly below the middle and fold. Brush on each fold. Roll together and place the pieces on the baking tray with the baking paper. Brush again and sprinkle on sesame seeds.
6. Bake in the middle of the oven until the Turkish pie is golden and crisp, approximately 30 minutes.
7. Enjoy your meal!
8. If you have leftovers, the Turkish pie will taste good the next morning too. Heat it in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Turn frequently.