Porridge buns - simple to make and moist
Use yesterday’s oat porridge for tomorrow morning’s most popular breakfast buns.
- 200 g porridge oats
- 350 ml water, cold
- 50 g butter, room temperature
- 25 g yeast, 200 ml milk, lukewarm
- 1 1/2 tsp salt, 2 tbsp golden syrup
- approx. 800 g wheat flour
- Porridge oats
Prepare as follows:
- Cook porridge oats and water together in a pot to form a porridge. Add the butter and let it melt into the porridge. Allow to cool.
- Crumble the yeast in a bowl. Add the milk and mix until the yeast dissolves. Add the porridge, salt and syrup with the wheat flour, a little at a time. Mix everything together into a dough and knead for a few minutes. Allow the dough to rise under a baking cloth for roughly 45 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 16-20 pieces.
- Form them into round balls and place on a baking pan covered with baking paper. Flatten them a little. Let them rise under a baking cloth for roughly 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 230 degrees Celsius.
- Brush the buns with water and sprinkle with some porridge oats.
- Bake the buns in the middle of the oven for roughly 12-14 minutes. Allow to cool on a rack under the baking cloth.