Steel cut oats with pineapple and coconut
Enjoy a little Caribbean rhythm at breakfast! The delicious caramel topping with a touch of salt and chewiness from the cut oats makes this an irresistible combo. Serve as a dessert or in delicious small portions for breakfast at the weekend.
Ingredients (4 portions)
- 150 g steel cut oats
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 50 g coconut
- 100 g pineapple, cut into pieces
- 50 g roasted coconut
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (boiled for 2-3 hours, cooled and mixed with sea salt or ready-made dulce de leche mixed with sea salt)
Prepare as follows:
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Divide into bowls, cool overnight
- Boil the can of condensed milk for 2-3 hours, making sure that the can is covered in water all the time. Allow to cool before opening.
- Top with coconut, pineapple and a heaped spoon of salted caramel.
There are endless variations of porridge, with different grains, new combinations and delicious toppings.