City weekend – 10 hotel suggestions
We're about to leave the dark winter days behind us and look forward to spring and brighter days. It's a perfect time to visit Sweden from north to south. See our top 10 suggestions for a weekend getaway.
Weekend away in Sweden
Staycationers or first time visitors? Here are our 10 best suggestions for a weekend in Sweden.
Reason to go: Our capital city is changing rapidly and has a neverending flow of new restaurants offering flavors from all corners of the world. High-end shopping, music and theatre, art exhibitions and more.
- We have 14 hotels in central Stockholm. Popular hotels in this area: Haymarket by Scandic, Scandic Continental and Downtown Camper by Scandic
Reason to go: Gothenburg is like no other city in Sweden. The "Gothenburgers" would certainly agree. The small town feeling and laid-back atmosphere yet with world-class restaurants and breweries. The largest theme park in the country is the popular Liseberg. For those of you who love the outdoor season the the rocky shoreline and archipelago is a must.
- We have 5 hotels in central Gothenburg. Popular hotels in this area Scandic Opalen, cosy Scandic No 25 or trendy Scandic Rubinen.
Because Malmo has become a cultural melting pot with a huge creative scene and exciting cuisine. Stay in an easily accessible city centre with many characteristics from the big city.
- We have 5 hotels in central Malmo. Stay for example at the landmark Scandic Triangeln, the turn of the century Scandic Kramer or at the modern Scandic S:t Jorgen.
Because the White Guide has named our Scandic Linköping City restaurant as one of the best in Ostergotland. And so you can stroll around Gamla Linkoping and Trädgårdsföreningen or enjoy a show at the Saab Arena.
Because you can stroll through Wadkoping’s cobbled streets passing red farm buildings, marvel at Orebro castle, or visit a charming café or restaurant.
- We have 1 centrally located hotel in Orebro: Newly refurbished Scandic Grand Orebro. So amazing that you might never want to leave.
Because you can experience the history of one of Sweden’s oldest university towns, stroll alongside the Fyris river, visit the cathedral, the castle and the Linnaeus museum. Or how about a visit to one of the city’s galleries or the Uppsala Art Museum?
- Stay centrally at Scandic Uplandia
Because the City of Birches offers cultural experiences such as the Norrland Opera, Sami art and music. Enjoy a rolled pizza, shop at the most modern Ikea in Sweden, or visit a museum.
- At the centrally located Scandic Plaza Umeå you can unwind in its relaxation suite with river views after a long day in town.
Because you can shop and stroll around the city centre of Stenstan (Stone City). Why not visit the Norra Berget open-air museum, Kulturmagasinet or Casino Cosmopol?
- The centrally located Scandic Sundsvall City’s restaurant, Brasserie Verket, is well worth a visit.
Because you can experience the Bjuroklubb nature reserve that Swedish singer Laleh sings about, visit the Skelleftea Museum, or shop in one of the many charming shops in the city centre,
- Stay centrally at the beautifully decorated Scandic Skellefteå. Our hotel has a pool, sauna and cosy restaurant.
Because this is probably the most charming of all the small towns in Sweden. With its medieval wall and buildings, a cosy atmosphere envelopes the entire town. Enjoy a walk along the beach front, shop in the quaint little shops and, if you brought your car, drive out to the countryside and experience some of Gotland’s beautiful natural scenery.
- Enjoy a comfortable stay at Scandic Visby, with its heated outdoor jacuzzi.