City weekend – 10 hotel suggestions
This time of year before Christmas, cities are lit with thousands of sparkling lights, and visiting Christmas markets, small cafés and shops is a big part of the charm of a city holiday. Here are our top 10 suggestions for anyone wishing to get away for a city weekend in Sweden.
Weekend away in Sweden
You don’t need to leave Sweden to make new memories, enjoy delicious food and spend time with someone close. Here are our 10 best suggestions for a weekend in Sweden:
Because our capital city always has something new to offer when it comes to restaurants, shows, exhibitions, shopping and more.
- We have 14 hotels in central Stockholm. Stay for example at Haymarket by Scandic, Scandic Park or Scandic Malmen.
Because it never rains in Gothenburg! Visit the charming streets within Vallgraven district, have fun at Liseberg theme park, enjoy a meal at a cosy restaurant or round off the evening with a drink.
- We have 5 hotels in central Gothenburg. Stay for example at the newly refurbished Scandic Opalen, cosy Scandic No 25 or trendy Scandic Rubinen.
Because Malmo has become a cultural melting pot with a huge creative scene and exciting cuisine. Stay in an easily accessible city centre with many characteristics from the big city.
- We have 5 hotels in central Malmo. Stay for example at the landmark Scandic Triangeln, the turn of the century Scandic Kramer or at the modern Scandic S:t Jorgen.
Because the White Guide has named our Scandic Linköping City restaurant as one of the best in Ostergotland. And so you can stroll around Gamla Linkoping and Trädgårdsföreningen or enjoy a show at the Saab Arena.
Because you can stroll through Wadkoping’s cobbled streets passing red farm buildings, marvel at Orebro castle, or visit a charming café or restaurant.
- We have 1 centrally located hotel in Orebro: Newly refurbished Scandic Grand Orebro. So amazing that you might never want to leave.
Because you can experience the history of one of Sweden’s oldest university towns, stroll alongside the Fyris river, visit the cathedral, the castle and the Linnaeus museum. Or how about a visit to one of the city’s galleries or the Uppsala Art Museum?
- Stay centrally at Scandic Uplandia
Because the City of Birches offers cultural experiences such as the Norrland Opera, Sami art and music. Enjoy a rolled pizza, shop at the most modern Ikea in Sweden, or visit a museum.
- At the centrally located Scandic Plaza Umeå you can unwind in its relaxation suite with river views after a long day in town.
Because you can shop and stroll around the city centre of Stenstan (Stone City). Why not visit the Norra Berget open-air museum, Kulturmagasinet or Casino Cosmopol?
- The centrally located Scandic Sundsvall City’s restaurant, Brasserie Verket, is well worth a visit.
Because you can experience the Bjuroklubb nature reserve that Swedish singer Laleh sings about, visit the Skelleftea Museum, or shop in one of the many charming shops in the city centre,
- Stay centrally at the beautifully decorated Scandic Skellefteå. Our hotel has a pool, sauna and cosy restaurant.
Because this is probably the most charming of all the small towns in Sweden. With its medieval wall and buildings, a cosy atmosphere envelopes the entire town. Enjoy a walk along the beach front, shop in the quaint little shops and, if you brought your car, drive out to the countryside and experience some of Gotland’s beautiful natural scenery.
- Enjoy a comfortable stay at Scandic Visby, with its heated outdoor jacuzzi.